Amidst the terror, target killings and mobile snatching, there lies a beautiful Karachi offering a lot to restless souls, who love adventure and want to break free! in my first blog ever, i am focusing to identify various adventure filled activities happening in and around the vibrant Karachi!
- Deep Sea Diving and Snorkeling. A weekly activity organized by around three to four active groups at a small uninhabited Island of Churna, about 10 kms away from Karachi. Snorkeling trip includes a full day activity, starting at around 6 in the morning and lasts till 7 in the evening. the organizers offer pick and drop , breakfast and lunch, boat ride to Island, cliff jumping, snorkeling and under water photography. Activity is restricted to the months of Oct to Feb, the colder the better. The charges per head is around 3500 per head for snorkeling and even a non swimmer can enjoy this “Must Do It” activity. Diving needs a little expertise and charges are around 8000-10000 per head including a training session. some of the clubs offering this adventure include Karachi Scuba Diving Center, Karachi Water Sports Club and Divers Reef Karachi.
- Para Gliding / Motorized Para Gliding. Karachi Gliding Club, run by young enthusiasts offers wonderful opportunity for Paragliding, the group events are organized for para gliding and powered para gliding in the price range of 5000 to 12,500. details can be found on their face book page https://www.facebook.com/karachiglidingclub
- Extreme Water Sports. Karachi water sports club is also offering a series of some of the most thrilling water sports including Jet Skiing, knee boarding, speed boating etc. in a price tag of 3000 – 5000. This is also a weekly event and details can be found at https://www.facebook.com/KWSC.pk
- Astronomy Events. Karachi Amateur Astronomers Society is a bunch of die hard astronomy fans, dedicated to promote astronomy awareness in the residents of Karachi. They often organize night events, specially during meteor shower nights or other astronomical event. They also own various telescopes and organize free events for citizen of the city at PIA planetarium and other suitable places. More can be known about them at https://www.facebook.com/KarachiAstronomy
- Trips to Gorakh Hills. Gorakh Hill Station is situated on one of the highest plateaus of Sindh, spread over 2,500 acres (10 km2) of land. It is very attractive to nature-lovers owing to its temperate weather and beautiful surroundings. Many promising tour operators arrange trips to Gorakh hills, including a night stay and hiking. The price tag is generally between 7000 – 9000 for two days trip. some of the tour operators include Travelers & Photographers and Royal Tourism Pakistan.
- Trips to Hingol National Park / Kund Malir Beach. Hingol National Park is located along the Makran coastal region in Balochistan. It is the largest national park of Pakistan and contains a number of natural features including “Princess of Hope” and mud volcanoes. A day long trip is being organized by various adventure clubs including KWSC and Xtreme Xplorers Group (XXG). The package ranges from 3000- 5000. Due to security concerns, its better to visit the place with tour operators.
The activities mentioned in this blog are only a few of the opportunities being offered by Karachi. I will dwell upon other activities in my future blogs, InshaAllah. Till then , plan a trip and get a new life 🙂
Smiles your way, SaeedRead more "Live your Life…. Karachi is alive!"